This Privacy Page was last updated on: 16th May 2022. Any future changes will be reflected on this page.
This policy applies to any personal data that we collect about you when you:
The controller of your information for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws is SharpCloud Software Limited (ICO Registration Number: ZA538904) who is responsible for your personal data. We will use your personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner, and in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
1. Information you give us:
Where you are an applicant for work, we also collect your requirements and preferences in relation to the role you are applying for, your current and past work details, and references (where applicable).
By submitting your details on our website(s) you are stating that you are 18 years old or older. We will remove your personal information from our records if it comes to our attention that you are under 18.
2. Information we collect from you:
With regards to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
3. Information that we receive from other sources:
We may receive personal data about you from other third parties, including:
5. We will only use information you give to us for the following purposes:
6. We will only use information we collect about you for the following purposes:
7. The legal basis for our use of your personal data will be that this information is required for one or more of the legitimate interests described above or that the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract entered into with you.
8. We will not carry out any solely automated processing using your data.
9. In most cases, you are not obliged to provide any personal data to us, but if you have requested information or a service from us, we will not be able to provide it without certain information, such as your contact details.
10. We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties or share it with third parties except as described in this policy. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
11. We may provide your personal information to companies (sub-processors) that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your payments, training and marketing. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. A complete list of these and the personal data that is shared with them and processed by them can be found here. SharpCloud sub-processors.
12. You agree that as part of the SharpCloud sign-up process that the personal data as described at SharpCloud sub-processors can be shared between SharpCloud and the sub-processor.
13. In addition, we may share your information with third parties if we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with any legal obligation or legal process; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or the public; to prevent and protect us and our users from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful or unauthorised use of the site; or to otherwise enforce our rights and agreements.
14. Your personal information also may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition or in any other situation where personal information may be transferred as one of our business assets.
15. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Corporate group from time to time which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
17. To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been compromised or misused.
On our website (www.sharpcloud.com) we will request to obtain information about your general internet usage from tools we use (HubSpot, Hotjar and NextRoll) by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. These cookies may also be used for advertising.
20. The services are provided using Microsoft Azure. Accordingly, the data that we collect from you shall be transferred to, and stored on, servers maintained by Microsoft which may be located in a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We may also use other cloud-based services to store your personal data which may result in it being transferred to, or stored on, servers outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
21. Our services and offerings are fully GDPR compliant. Including; data encryption, key management and the ability to allow users “the right to erasure of data”.
You have the following rights (subject to certain exceptions), which can be exercised by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
23. To access personal information held about you and to obtain a copy of it;
24. To prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
25. To obtain the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
26. To restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances;
27. In certain circumstances, to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance, or to have that personal data transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible;
28. To be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
29. To lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used to a supervisory authority.
30. Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
31. Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.