THIS PRIVACY PAGE WAS LAST UPDATED ON: 23rd March 2020. ANY FUTURE CHANGES WILL BE REFLECTED ON THIS PAGE.
This policy applies to any personal data that we collect about you when you:
- 1) Visit one of our websites (including our sub-domains):
2) Apply to work for us;
3) Provide goods or services to us;
- 4) Visit one of our sites; or
- 5) Contact us, for example by telephone, email, post or through submitting a form on our website
Who are we?
The controller of your information for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws is SharpCloud Software Limited (ICO Registration Number: ZA538904) who is responsible for your personal data. We will use your personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner, and in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
The personal data we collect
1. Information you give us:
- Transaction information. When you subscribe online to use the SharpCloud service (SharpCloud) we ask you to provide financial information (including credit and debit card details) to complete the subscription transaction. The transaction is processed through a secure gateway on the Stripe billing and subscription platform (www.stripe.com). In order to maintain and renew your subscription the financial information is stored in Stripe where all customer data is encrypted in accordance with PCI Level 1 standards and we are fully compliant with the PCI DSS for E-Commerce. We do not electronically store, process, or transmit any cardholder data on merchant systems or premises, but rely entirely on Stripe billing (www.stripe.com) to handle all these functions.
- When you sign-up and use SharpCloud we will ask you for your email address, name and other information about yourself.
- If you contact us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, for any reason including in relation to services, to report a problem with the website or with a query relating to SharpCloud, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- To contact us directly by using the ‘contact us’ form on the website, we will ask you for your name, email and country location.
- You may choose to add details to your SharpCloud profile such as your organisation, telephone number, Skype username and LinkedIn profile.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, which will require you to provide certain information, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We support online communities and collaboration features, such as public roadmaps, commenting and user profiles. You may choose to post information, public roadmaps or shared roadmaps which will be available to other SharpCloud users. You may be required to provide your name, user ID and profile picture if you wish to post information.
Where you are an applicant for work, we also collect your requirements and preferences in relation to the role you are applying for, your current and past work details, and references (where applicable).
By submitting your details on our website(s) you are stating that you are 18 years old or older. We will remove your personal information from our records if it comes to our attention that you are under 18.
2. Information we collect from you:
With regards to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and operating system and browser type;
3. Information that we receive from other sources:
We may receive personal data about you from other third parties, including:
- where you are an applicant, previous and current employers, when we seek references about you, where you have confirmed your referees may be contacted);
- where you are an applicant, other third parties when we seek references about you e.g. a personal reference or from an educational establishment;
- where you are an applicant, when we collect CV information from third party suppliers such as job boards where you have given consent to such third party suppliers for your details to be searchable;
- where you work for one of our suppliers, clients or potential clients and we receive your contact information from your employer;
Use of your information
5. We will only use information you give to us for the following purposes:
- To enable us to carry out our obligations arising under any contractual agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with access to SharpCloud and information you request from us.
- To contact you with email updates, such as our weekly digest email, and occasional offers of our products or services. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you, unless you have consented otherwise. If you are a new customer, we will not contact you by electronic means unless you have consented to this. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from receiving these emails you will find instructions of how to do so at the bottom of each email.
- To produce reports, statistics and analysis of the types of people and their usage of the Website.
- To administer, support, improve and develop our website and service.
- To notify you about any changes to SharpCloud.
6. We will only use information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To estimate usage patterns.
- To store information about your preferences.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- For system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
7. The legal basis for our use of your personal data will be that this information is required for one or more of the legitimate interests described above or that the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract entered into with you.
8. We will not carry out any solely automated processing using your data.
9. In most cases, you are not obliged to provide any personal data to us, but if you have requested information or a service from us, we will not be able to provide it without certain information, such as your contact details.
Disclosure of your information
10. We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties or share it with third parties except as described in this policy. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
11. We may provide your personal information to companies (sub-processors) that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your payments, training and marketing. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. A complete list of these and the personal data that is shared with them and processed by them can be found here. SharpCloud sub-processors.
12. You agree that as part of the SharpCloud sign-up process that the personal data as described at SharpCloud sub-processors can be shared between SharpCloud and the sub-processor.
13. In addition, we may share your information with third parties if we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with any legal obligation or legal process; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or the public; to prevent and protect us and our users from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful or unauthorised use of the site; or to otherwise enforce our rights and agreements.
14. Your personal information also may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition or in any other situation where personal information may be transferred as one of our business assets.
15. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Corporate group from time to time which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Protecting personal information
17. To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been compromised or misused.
Where we store your personal data
20. The services are provided using Microsoft Azure. Accordingly, the data that we collect from you shall be transferred to, and stored on, servers maintained by Microsoft which may be located in a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We may also use other cloud-based services to store your personal data which may result in it being transferred to, or stored on, servers outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
21. You have the following rights (subject to certain exceptions), which can be exercised by contacting us at email@example.com.
22. To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
23. To access personal information held about you and to obtain a copy of it;
24. To prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
25. To obtain the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
26. To restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances;
27. In certain circumstances, to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance, or to have that personal data transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible;
28. To be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
29. To lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used to a supervisory authority.
30. Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
31. Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Security statement web page